• Billy Argo ’83 won his 500th game as Head Baseball Coach at Assumption in the Knights’ 9-5 win over Xavier (Cedar Rapids) on July 11. Argo was also named 2017 Mississippi Athletic Conference Coach of the Year.
• Jennifer Janeczko ’89 Jacobs, the Des Moines Register‘s chief politics reporter for the 2012 and 2016 Iowa caucus cycles, will be the guest speaker at the Celebrating a Free Press and Open Government Banquet, to be held Oct. 5 at the downtown Marriott in Des Moines. Jacobs left the Register in March 2016 to cover Donald Trump’s presidency for Bloomberg News. Read more
• Ryan Langford ’11 signed a free agent contract with the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL). The Cardinals later cut him after rosters were reduced prior to Week 1.
• Sydney Lunardi ’13 was Central College’s nominee for the NCAA Woman of the Year Award. The NCAA Woman of the Year program honors the academic achievements, athletics excellence, community service and leadership of graduating female college athletes. A biochemistry major, Lunardi graduated magna cum laude and will attend graduate school at Drake University, where she will pursue an advanced degree in Pharmacy. Read more
• Hailey Schneden ’13, a senior women’s basketball player at the University of Iowa, was named to the 2017 Big Ten Winter Academic All-Conference Team. She also received the Big Ten Distinguished Scholar award for the third straight year.
• Synclaire Lunardi ’16, a sophomore women’s basketball player at Carthage College, was named to the 2017 College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin (CCIW) Winter Academic All-Conference list.
• Mary Rolf ’16 was named to Rockhurst University Dean’s List for the spring ’17 semester. She was also named 2nd team GLVC all conference for volleyball.
• Robert L. Lawlor ‘45 passed away May 5, 2017.
• Mary Anne Fischer ’66 Gimbel, wife of Dr. Michael Gimbel ’66, and mother of Michael ‘92, Timothy ‘93, Margaret ’95, Edward ‘97, and Katherine ’99, passed away July 1, 2017, after a courageous battle with cancer.
• John P. Sunderbruch, father of John ‘85, Nick ‘96, and Sarah ’98, passed away August 4, 2017.
• Carole Duffy ’60 Gabriel passed away August 15, 2017.
• Melinda Karwath ’97 passed away August 20, 2017.
• Wesley Hunstad ‘66 passed away August 22, 2017.
If there is news that you would like to see appear in the next newsletter, please email us at: email@example.com