Assumption Wrestling Nike Gear Now Available until 12/10/2018! Order online here: http://bit.ly/2zmYPmO
Winter Sports Pictures will be taken on Monday, Dec. 3, after school in the Main Gym. Athletes competing in basketball, wrestling, and cheerleading will have the opportunity to purchase individual and team portraits from HR Imaging, and Booster Buttons from the Booster Club. Links to forms are below:
Individual and Team Portrait Order Form
Booster Button Order Form
HR Imaging also offers online ordering at: https://www.hrimaging.com/#shop.
Volleyball Awards Night, originally scheduled for Monday, Nov. 26, has been rescheduled to Monday, Dec. 3, at 7 p.m.
Assumption will hold a National Signing Day Ceremony for seven senior student-athletes on Wednesday, Nov. 14, at 2:30 p.m. in the Main Gym.
- Julien Broderson (Iowa State), a two-time Iowa Class 2A State wrestling champion, has committed to the Cyclones wrestling program at Iowa State University in Ames.
- Nick Gottilla (Central Florida), a 2018 Class 3A First Team All-State (IPSWA) player for the 2018 Iowa Class 3A State Champions, will take his baseball talents to the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida.
- Lauren Herrig (Illinois State), a 2018 Second Team all-conference selection and starting defender for the 2018 Iowa Class 3A State Champions, she will continue her soccer career at Illinois State in Bloomington.
- Carly King (Duke), the 2018 Iowa Class 3A State Champion in the 400 M Dash and 2018 Drake Relays 100 M Dash winner, will join the Duke University track and field program in Durham, North Carolina.
- Allison Timmons (Iowa), a 2018 First Team All-MAC pick and starting pitcher for the 2018 Iowa Class 3A State Champions, has committed to the Hawkeyes softball program at the University of Iowa in Iowa City.
- Emma VanSeveren (Holy Cross), the 2018 First Team All-Mississippi Athletic Conference libero for the 2018 Iowa Class 3A State qualifying Knights, will join the Crusaders volleyball program at The College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts.
- Nicole Yoder – Iowa (Softball), a 2018 Second Team All-MAC honoree and starting shortstop for the 2018 Iowa Class 3A State Champions, has committed to the Hawkeyes softball program at the University of Iowa in Iowa City.
Stream State Volleyball – Assumption vs. Osage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7_RnNde-Fs&feature=youtu.be
The Class of 2013 will hold its 5-Year Reunion on Wednesday, Nov. 21 at Jersey Grille in Davenport. The event is free and goes from 6 p.m. til 8 p.m. Contact Kristin Ketelaar or Jordan Gizzarelli with any questions. 2013 Alumni are encouraged to join the Facebook group for this reunion. Click here for the link to the group.
The Assumption High School Athletic Department congratulates Head Coach Bre Scherler and the Assumption Volleyball team on qualifying for the 2018 3A State Volleyball Tournament. State Tournament play begins next Wednesday at the US Cellular Center in Cedar Rapids as the Lady Knights face Osage in the quarterfinal round on Wednesday, Nov. 7th at 10 a.m.
There will be a fan bus offered for students for all possible games for state volleyball. The cost is $15 per student per day; this includes the $10 admission ticket for each session that we are playing, and $5 towards transportation costs.
Because the games are on consecutive days, it will be a quick turn-around if you are planning to ride each day. Please review the following sign up deadlines. All Permission slip and fees are to be turned into the Athletic Office (Mr. Gizzarelli) by the deadlines listed below:
Quarterfinal Round – Wednesday, Nov. 7th – Assumption vs. Osage at 10:00 AM. Permission slip and fee is due by Tuesday, Nov. 6th at 3:00 PM. Bus will leave Assumption at 7:45 AM and should return before the end of the school day.
Semifinal Round – Thursday, Nov. 8th – If Assumption wins on Wednesday, Game is at 2:00 PM. Permission slip and fee is due by Thursday, Nov. 8th at 9:00 AM. Bus will leave Assumption at 11:45 and will return approximately 5:00 PM.
Championship Round – Friday, Nov. 9th – If Assumption wins on Thursday, Game is at 2:30 PM. Permission slips and fee is due on Friday, Nov. 9th at 9:00 AM. Bus will leave Assumption at 12:15 and will return approximately 5:30 PM.
The fan bus will NOT be stopping for any meals. Food can be brought on the bus or purchased at the US Cellular Center. Please contact the Assumption Athletic Department if you have any questions. Let’s have a great student section at State Volleyball!
Congratulations to Head Coach Bre Scherler and the Assumption Volleyball team on qualifying for the 2018 3A State Volleyball Tournament. State Tournament play begins next Wednesday at the US Cellular Center in Cedar Rapids as the Lady Knights face Osage in the quarterfinal round on Wednesday, Nov. 7th at 10 a.m.
Please join your hosts, the Booster and Century Clubs, in a State sendoff celebration fundraiser for the Volleyball team on Sunday, November 4, at Rookies starting at 5:30 p.m. There will be $6 Burger basket with fries, and a live auction, with all proceeds going to the volleyball team’s state expenses.
See you all there!
AHS Booster and Century Club