Even though our physical offices are not currently open, we are still meeting with students and families virtually to continue our services and mission of helping families throughout the state of Iowa. Families can schedule Zoom virtual appointments here www.icansucceed.org/apt or they call our toll free number 877-272-4692. We’re available Mon – Thurs 8 am – 4:30 pm.
Below is a link to all virtual resources we have available. This includes virtual presentations we have coming up along with pre-recorded presentations. We will also be having daily Facebook Live posts starting at 2:00 PM!
Students from Quad Cities area high schools are invited to take a closer look at Augustana through the $2,000 Quad City Promise Scholarship.
Thanks to a generous donation from local alumni and supporters as a response to the Covid-19 pandemic, up to 50 $2,000 scholarships are available for local high school graduates and transfer students who apply between May 1 and August 31 and are admitted to Augustana College.
Augustana’s $2,000 Quad City Promise Grant is renewable for up to four years, and is in addition to up to $26,000 in merit awards offered by the college. Students also are eligible for the $4,000 Campus Visit Grant (virtual visit possibilities exist) and all other talent-based and need-based financial aid.
Click here for details
Please click below to view the Board approved 2020-2021 Academic Calendar.
Assumption High School Academic Calendar 20-21
This summer, Scott Community College will be offering a “Live-Online” opportunity within their Augmented and Virtual Reality Program which is one of the fastest growing industries today. This four-week class includes: Uses for Augmented and Virtual Reality, Application Process, 3D Modeling, Animation, Texturing, Coding with C#, Programming in a Game Engine. (Class # 213159 AVR-102-SHS01 Foundations of Augmented and Virtual Reality)
- The 4 week course start date is June 29th and runs to July 24th 12-4pm Monday-Thursday.
- This course is “Live-Online,” which means the instructor will be conducting live interactive lectures every day.
- The only requirement is for students is to have daily access to a computer with internet capabilities & the students must be entering grade 9-12 into an Iowa HS fall of 2020.
- The registration form is attached. The form needs to be signed by the student, parent, and an Assumption High School representative; and submitted to, Anthony Bielski at firstname.lastname@example.org or Molly Gleason, your EICC Advisor, at email@example.com.
- Act now, seating is limited.
For more information, contact Anthony Bielski, Concurrent Enrollment Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or 563-441-4368 on registration for the program. Mrs. Molly Gleason is also available for questions at email@example.com.
Summer College Credit Program
Don’t forget to stop in and pick up your computer if you have received an email that it is ready. They are located in the Tech lab for pick up. If you have not brought your computer in for updates, please do so as soon as possible.
Yearbooks can be picked up in the Front Office.
Art Work is also availalbe for pick up.
Please check with Mrs. Miller in the Front Office if you have any questions. 563-326-5313.
Yearbooks for the 2019-2020 school year are here in the Front Office for pick up. The Front Office is open most days from 8-3 for pick up.
The ICR Future Career and College Fair is this Sunday, May 31 from 1-3 pm. We are encouraging sophomores and juniors to attend, however the event is open to everyone.
With more than 70 exhibitors setting up virtual booths it’s going to be a great opportunity for students to engage in some career and college planning.
Registered students will receive event details, best practices and tips for navigating the virtual site, and a scavenger hunt to encourage visiting different exhibitors. A prize drawing will be held for several VISA gift cards for participating students who complete the event scavenger hunt activity and interact with lots of exhibitors.
The online toolkit of announcement templates and promotional fliers is available to help you spread the word to students and parents. Visit now.
Important Recommendations for Students
- Career Assessment. Students will be encouraged to complete a career assessment to align with the Career Cluster designations for exhibitors. If students have access to the assessment results taken in school, please remind students how, and encourage them to. access them prior to the fair.
- Register to Attend. We have an online registration process to gain access to the fair lobby. Please encourage students and parents to register by visiting www.icansucceed.org/icrfuture-student
Expanded Opportunities. With the event going virtual, Western and Central Iowa students and families should be encouraged to participate. With nearly 100 exhibitors registered it will be a day they don’t want to miss!
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULES for Thursday 5-21 and Friday 5-22
We are committed to our previously scheduled days and timeframes for this semester’s final exams. Teachers will communicate in more detail regarding the specific expectations on this for their classes. All classes will be doing culminating activities in the form of final projects, presentations, or exams. All teachers will be available in “virtual classrooms” during the scheduled periods and passing times, so students will be easily able to access their instructors for questions and assistance those days. Mrs. Murphy will send out access information for “virtual classrooms” as we get closer to final exam days, so please watch your email. The schedule will still function with 4 scheduled periods per day as follows:
Thursday, May 21 (Finals Periods 1-4)
Period 1 8:45-9:45
Period 2 10:00-11:00
Period 3 11:15-12:15
Period 4 1:00-2:00
Friday, May 22 (Finals Periods 5-8)
Period 5 8:45-9:45
Period 6 10:00-11:00
Period 7 11:15-12:15
Period 8 1:00-2:00
Due to school closing, this seminar has now been restructured as a live online class. Contact us at 877-927-8378 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to join us.
ZAPPING the ACT seminar includes:
- Five hours of focused strategy instruction by a highly trained instructor
- 24 practice tests for the ACT and ZAPPING the ACT Study Guide
- Specific strategies for each type of question on the ACT
- General test-taking methods for lifelong success
- Test-specific time-management techniques
- Explanations for each question and answer on the practice tests
- Unique system for analyzing errors to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Instruction for writing a high-scoring Essay
- Much more!
Click here to register