These students spent their “AHS Unplugged” time before finals next week to bake cookies for donation to Cafe on Vine.
Please click on the link below for all end of the year activities for your Seniors.
Mrs. Deyo is looking for a couple of strong young men to help load a moving truck on June 1st. Will pay $20/hour and you would be done by noon. Please contact her in the cafeteria if you are able to help.
Yesterday a few of our Seniors went to All Saints Catholic School for the Cap and Gown visit. Below is a picture from the visit.
Catholic Colleges Want You: Sign Up for Recruit Me!
Letting faithful Catholic colleges compete for you is simple!
- Allow the Catholic colleges recommended in The Newman Guide for strong Catholic identity to recruit you. In the days and weeks ahead, sit back and let these faithful Catholic colleges send you the information that matters most.
- Receive exclusive college search tips from The Cardinal Newman Society.
- Be eligible for the Newman Society’s $5,000 Essay Scholarship Contest for high school seniors.
Please click on the link below to view the most current Play Like a Champion Parent Newsletter.
The Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center would like to thank the donors of Assumption High School for our recent Blood Drive. Our group provided 43 donations for local hospitals served by MVRBC. Because each whole blood donation can be processed into multiple blood components, our blood drive provided up to 172 products for patients in need.
The MVRBC is very appreciative to all involved with the Blood Drive.
Assumption Chaplain, Fr. Jake Greiner, accompanied 4 AHS students on Thursday, May 3, to the Project Andrew Dinner in Iowa City. Students were able to meet and converse with Bishop Zinkula and even had the opportunity to have their picture taken at the event.
On Friday, April 27, we were blessed to share Mass as a school community. Students welcomed Grandparents and guests to this special annual opportunity in the Assumption auditorium. Families of seniors had the option to submit photos of their students with his/her grandparents. Please enjoy the attached slideshow that was shared before and after the Mass.
Who: For Students entering Grades 6-8 (Fall 2018)
Where: Assumption High School Band Room
When: June 11-14, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Concert: June 14 at 6:30 p.m.
Download: 2018 Band Camp
Cost: $20 (make checks payable to: Assumption HS)
– add $20 for lunch (see 2018 Band Camp)
– deduct $10 if attending Choir Camp
Deadline: June 1, 2018
• 8:00-9:30 Full Band Rehearsal – Fundamentals/Band Music
• 9:30-10:15 Snack Break and Games
• 10:15-11:00 Sectional Time/Group Lessons
• 11:00-12:00 Full Band Rehearsal incorporating Sectional Time/Group Lessons
• All campers receive an Assumption Band Water Bottle and daily snack.
• A public concert for friends and family in Assumption’s Sunderbruch Auditorium will be held on Thursday, June 14 at 6:30 p.m.
Contact: Band Director Erin Mahr at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download: 2018 Band Camp