Senior parents, we are looking for donations of dessert/sweet/snack and fruit for the Senior Retreat on Friday, April 30th. Donations can be dropped off in the AHS Front Office any time the morning of April 30th between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. If you have a container you would like returned, please remember to label it. If you know what you plan to bring, please put that in the notes on the sign-up. Thank you so much for your support of our AHS community!
Click Here to Sign Up
All families interested in learning about everything AHS has to offer are encouraged to attend the Information Knight Session on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 from 5:00-6:00 PM in the AHS Carroll Lab.
This is an informative session for parents to learn about academic offerings and financial aid options. Assumption High School offers a challenging curriculum designed to give students a solid foundation in preparation for life beyond high school. Please join us to learn more!
Contact Stephanie Schroeder, AHS Director of Admissions, with questions: (563) 326-5313 ext. 9-230 or email@example.com.
TESTING CENTER HOURS – SPRING BREAK
The Testing Center will only be open 2 days during Spring Break.
Wednesday, March 17: 3-7pm
Saturday, March 20: 8-noon
AS ALWAYS, STUDENTS COMING TO THE TESTING CENTER, PLEASE ENTER THROUGH THE MAIN ENTRANCE/FRONT OFFICE DOOR, LEFT SIDE DOOR AS POSTED, AND PROCEED TO THE TECH LAB.
Sunday, January 31 – Celebrating Our Parishes
Monday, February 1 – Celebrating Our Students
- “Dodgeball for Diapers” Event
- Mass Schedule
- Out of uniform day. Each student may pay $1.00 during lunches (and will receive a hand stamp) to dress in appropriate AHS spirit wear or theme dress for the day. Theme Dress: Jersey/Sports Day
- Dodgeball: 9:55-10:55 Large Gym (compete with 6th period classes)
- All seniors will be allowed to watch all competitions from the large gym bleachers, and other classes will be called down as the bracket indicates for competitions. Each 6th period teacher should be sure that the 10 dodgeball players representing his or her class are ready to go when called. Games will be played on a time-limit, and in each game, the team with the most players standing at the buzzer will advance to the next round. Play will be single-elimination. All members of the winning 6th period class will be allowed to go first in the lunch line on Friday, February 12th.
- This event will also be used to promote the school-wide collection of diapers for the Scott County Catholic Schools K-12 diaper drive. Students should consider sacrificing treats/extras throughout the week in an effort to purchase diapers/baby wipes for donation. Diapers will be collected in the D-2 classroom Friday morning through the end of second period. Total diapers will be calculated by Student Council, and the grade with the highest per/student diaper total will get Whitey’s malt cups at lunches on Friday, February 12th. No money will be collected in classrooms. Students are encouraged to “go the extra mile” to physically bring in donated items to support these local organizations and families.
Tuesday, February 2 – Celebrating Our Community
- Mass Schedule – All School Speaker(s)
- Special Lunch: Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Students should be in regular school uniform attire.
- We are fortunate to have quality resources in our community to assist with student education on important health-related topics, and one such resource is CADS (Center for Alcohol and Drug Services). Educational professionals from CADS will visit AHS and offer presentations focused on the facts and dangers of vaping. 9th and 10th grade classes will have a presentation in the large gym, 11th graders will be in the small gym, and 12th graders will be in the auditorium.
Wednesday, February 3 – Celebrating Our Nation
- Special Lunch: Hungry Hobo
- Knight Network will sponsor a Faculty/Staff Appreciation Lunch in the faculty/staff workroom. All faculty and staff are encouraged to drop in between 11:00 and 1:00 for lunch.
- Out of uniform day. Each student may pay $1.00 during lunches (and will receive a hand stamp) to dress in appropriate AHS spirit wear or theme dress for the day. Theme Dress: College Day/Future Plans
Thursday, February 4 – Celebrating Vocations
- Mass Schedule – students will celebrate class-level Masses in their previously established locations
- Students should be in regular school uniform attire.
Friday, February 5 – Celebrating Our Faculty, Staff, and Volunteers
- Regular Schedule
- Special Lunch: Spicy Chicken Strips
- All faculty, staff, and students may be out of uniform (FREE) if dressed in appropriate AHS spirit wear.
- Junior retreat – (all day) Junior students will spend the day at Sacred Heart Cathedral for their service-themed retreat. They will hear from various community representatives regarding the potential for and impact of service in their immediate and distant futures. All members of the class will also have an opportunity to actively volunteer with a small group of their peers doing active service work.
During Catholic Schools Week, Knight Network will provide lunch for our faculty and staff on Wednesday, February 3rd. We are asking help from Sophomore parents for this event. Knight Network funds will be used to purchase lunch, but we are asking for donations of water and desserts. They can be dropped off in the Assumption Front Office Tuesday, February 2nd, between 7:30 and 3:30 or Wednesday morning after 7:30 a.m. Thanks so much for your help and support of our hard-working school employees through the Knight Network parent organization!
Click here to sign up!
This scholarship is available for Assumption student’s entering their freshmen year of college in the fall of 2021 at an accredited post-secondary educational institution, who show active volunteer efforts within the Quad Cities community.
Deadline: Closed for 2020-2021
Click here for application
We would like the opportunity to maintain the custom of putting candy in the student’s shoes for St. Nick’s Day, but due to Covid feel we need to do it a little differently this year.
If you would like to donate any “King Size” candy or candy bar to the cause, we will make sure each student receives it in their shoe on St. Nick’s Day.
Please send any “King Size” candy or candy bar you would like to donate to the Front Office by December 1st.
If you have any questions, please contact Shelli Miller in the Front Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 563-326-5313, ext. 9-200.
Thank you for your help in keeping this traditon going.
Please click below to read a letter to parents from Ms. Bush.
Mental Illness Awareness Week Parent Letter – Sept., 2020
Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held on Thursday, September 24th in the Cafeteria from 3:30-7:00 PM. Parents can come to the Café during that time to meet with their students’ teachers. No appointment is necessary, as conferences are held on a drop-in basis. Individual meetings will be conducted every 5 minutes, as indicated by the bell system in the Café. Parents anticipating the need for more extensive communication with a particular instructor are encouraged to contact the teacher directly to set up an appointment outside of conferences.