|Sat||18-Dec||QC Shootout||Augustana College||TBA|
|Fri||18-Feb||Dav. North Inv.||Away||TBA|
|Sat||19-Feb||Dav. North Inv.||Away||TBA|
Boys Basketball Tryouts will be held Monday and Tuesday, November 15-16 in the Main Gym.
Times are as follows:
- Freshman: 5:30-7 a.m.
- Varsity: 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Sophomore: 7-8:30 p.m.
What: 2021-22 Knights Basketball Association
Who: For Boys Grades 2-8 (Fall ‘21)
Registration: Sept. 4, 11, 18, 25 at 9:00-10:00 a.m.
Tryouts: Oct. 2. [make up tryout for 7th and 8th grade football players Oct. 3 at 7:45-9:00 p.m.]
Where: Assumption High School
- 2nd and 3rd grade: 8:00-9:15 a.m.
- 4th and 5th grade: 9:15-10:30 a.m.
- 6th and 7th grade: 10:30-11:45 a.m.
- 8th grade: 11:45 1:00 p.m.
Cost: $350. Includes gym time, league fees, and tournament fees. *jersey price not included*.
DOWNLOAD: 2021-22 KBA Registration Form
Contact: Joe Ewen at email@example.com
- Practice twice per week, games on weekends locally.
- 2nd– 5th grade will play in Blackhawk League (Nov-Dec), Bettendorf League (Jan-Feb), and one tournament each month.
- 6th-8th grade will play in tournaments only, between 8-10 tournaments total.
- Winter Season: late October through February
- Experience competitive Basketball (Travel Ball) with less cost.
- Focus on developing young student-athletes to be successful both on and off the court.
What: 2021 Coach Joe Ewen Basketball Camp
Who: For Boys Grades 1-8 (Fall ‘21)
Where: Assumption High School
When: July 12-15
Session I: for grades 5-8, Starts 8:30 a.m./Ends 10:30 a.m.
Session II: for grades 3-4, Starts 11 a.m./Ends 12:30 p.m.
Session III: for grades 1-2, Starts 1:30 p.m./Ends 3 p.m.
Cost: $75 for Session I. $50 for Session II and Session III.
DOWNLOAD: 2021 Coach Joe Ewen Basketball Camp Registration Form
Payment: Make checks payable to: Joe Ewen
• All campers receive an Assumption Basketball T-Shirt.
• Campers participate in a variety of team and individual contests, with awards
given in each age group.
• Plus individual instruction from former coaches/players, and take-home drills.
Contact: Head Coach Joe Ewen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to senior boys basketball player Emarion Ellis for being named All-State following the 2020-21 season. Ellis was selected First Team All-Class 3A by the Iowa Print Sports Writer Association, and All-Iowa Elite by the Des Moines Register. He was also tabbed First Team All-Class 3A by the Des Moines Register.
There will be a State Sendoff event, Sunday, March 7, at 5:00 p.m., at Rookies Sports Bar, for the Assumption Boys Basketball Team.
There will be a light program, which will include auction items.
State Shirts will be available for pickup for those that ordered online earlier this week.
Lastly, for anyone either going to the event or not, there is a method to donate money to assist covering State expenses. To donate, visit this link, and in the designation section select “other”, and in the other designation section type ” Booster Club- Boys Basketball State”
We thank you all for your support!
As many have seen or heard, Governor Reynolds updated the attendance guidelines for high school sports on Thursday. The Assumption Administration will be determining how these new guidelines can be safely incorporated into our athletic attendance for games and contests and will be making an announcement concerning home game attendance early next week.
There will be no attendance changes for this weekend’s (Jan. 8-9) contests. Attendance will continue to be limited to those with school issued gate passes for AWAY games or those that are household members of players and coaches for HOME games.