Please click below to access the Sports Button Order Form:
The first day of practice for all fall sports (cheerleading, cross country, dance/KKD, football, boys golf, girls swimming & diving, and volleyball) is Monday, August 12, 2019.
ALL FALL SPORTS ATHLETES, INCLUDING CHEER AND DANCE/KKD, MUST HAVE A CURRENT Athletic Physical Form AND Heads Up Concussion Form ON FILE WITH THE ATHLETIC OFFICE BY THE FIRST OFFICIAL DAY OF PRACTICE, WHICH IS MONDAY, AUGUST 12, 2019.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION [ARTICLE VII 36.14 (1)]
Every year each student (grades 7-12) shall present to the student’s *Athletic Office a certificate signed by a licensed physician and surgeon, osteopathic physician and surgeon, osteopath, advanced registered nurse practitioner (ARNP), physician’s assistant or qualified doctor of chiropractic, to the effect that the student has been examined and may safely engage in athletic competition. This certificate of physical examination is valid for the purposes of this rule for one (1) calendar year. A grace period, not to exceed thirty (30) days, is allowed for expired certifications of physical examination.
• *The Athletic Physical Form should be filed with the Athletic Office at Assumption High School.
HEADS UP: Concussion in High School Sports
The Iowa Legislature passed a law, effective July 1, 2011, regarding students in grades 7 – 12 who participate in extracurricular interscholastic activities. Please note this important information from Iowa Code Section 280.13C, Brain Injury Policies; in the **Heads Up Concussion Form.
• **IMPORTANT: Students participating in interscholastic athletics, cheerleading and dance; and their parents/guardians; must sign the acknowledgement at the bottom of attached form and return it to the Athletic Office at Assumption High School.
Students cannot practice or compete in those activities until this form is signed and returned.
What: 2019 Assumption Cheerleading Camp
Who: For Girls and Boys Grades PreK-8 (Fall 2019)
Where: Assumption High School Small Gym
When: June 17-20
Time: Starts 10 a.m./Ends 12 p.m.
DOWNLOAD: 2019 Cheerleading Camp Registration Form
Cost: $80. ($10 discount per additional child)
Deadline: Registrations accepted at the door
Payment: Make checks payable to: Brittany Nylin
• Four days of instruction focusing on cheers, jumps, tumbling and stunting!
• Campers receive AHS Cheerleading tank top and cheer bow.
• Daily snack provided.
Contact: Head Coach Brittany Nylin at email@example.com
Twitter and Instagram: @KnightsCheer2
What: 2019 Cheerleading Tryout & Open Gym Information
Who: Incoming 9th graders, and current 9-11 graders
Wednesdays: April 3, April 10, April 17, April 24, and May 1
5-6:30 p.m. in the AHS Small Gym
May 6, 7, and 8
4 – 5:30 p.m. in the AHS Small Gym
• All prospective cheerleaders MUST attend May 6-7 clinics in order to be able to tryout.
Thursday, May 9
4 p.m. in the AHS Small Gym
• All current 8th-11th grade students who will attend Assumption for the 2019-20 school year are eligible to tryout.
• Open Gyms will be held for prospective cheerleaders to meet the coach, along with past cheerleaders, and learn about the program.
• Open Gyms are not mandatory but highly recommended to anyone interested.
Contact: Coaches Brittany Nylin and Abbi Lievens at: KnightCheerleading@gmail.com
Please find attached the latest “Play Like a Champion” newsletter.
Please click below to view the latest “Play Like a Champion” Parent Newsletter.
Please click below to see the latest issue of Play Like a Champion.
Winter Sports Pictures will be taken on Monday, Dec. 3, after school in the Main Gym. Athletes competing in basketball, wrestling, and cheerleading will have the opportunity to purchase individual and team portraits from HR Imaging, and Booster Buttons from the Booster Club. Links to forms are below:
Individual and Team Portrait Order Form
Booster Button Order Form
HR Imaging also offers online ordering at: https://www.hrimaging.com/#shop.
Please see the attached Play Like a Champion Parent Newsletter.