Tryouts for the Knight Kompany Dance team are scheduled for April 5-9, 2021. See the graphic below for full information.
An announcement for all Athletics and Physical Education students that use the Assumption locker rooms:
If you have any clothing or gear in the Athletics/PE locker rooms, you may come to school to remove these items during normal school hours, (8:00 am – 3:00 pm) through May 1st. Students will be allowed to retrieve items from lockers while following all social distancing guidelines. Students are asked to enter the school from the front office entrance.
Anything left in lockers after May 1st will be removed and thrown out. Locker rooms will be cleaned and disinfected after all items are removed.
Online Video Auditions Requirements
Refer to the following link for full requirements: https://ahskkdwoot.wixsite.com/ahskkd/2020-2021-tryouts-1
- Google Form must be
Submitted by Friday, April 10 at 11:59 p.m.
- Videos must be submitted to by Thursday, April 23 at 11:59 p.m.
Please click below to access the Sports Button Order Form:
The first day of practice for all fall sports (cheerleading, cross country, dance/KKD, football, boys golf, girls swimming & diving, and volleyball) is Monday, August 12, 2019.
ALL FALL SPORTS ATHLETES, INCLUDING CHEER AND DANCE/KKD, MUST HAVE A CURRENT Athletic Physical Form AND Heads Up Concussion Form ON FILE WITH THE ATHLETIC OFFICE BY THE FIRST OFFICIAL DAY OF PRACTICE, WHICH IS MONDAY, AUGUST 12, 2019.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION [ARTICLE VII 36.14 (1)]
Every year each student (grades 7-12) shall present to the student’s *Athletic Office a certificate signed by a licensed physician and surgeon, osteopathic physician and surgeon, osteopath, advanced registered nurse practitioner (ARNP), physician’s assistant or qualified doctor of chiropractic, to the effect that the student has been examined and may safely engage in athletic competition. This certificate of physical examination is valid for the purposes of this rule for one (1) calendar year. A grace period, not to exceed thirty (30) days, is allowed for expired certifications of physical examination.
• *The Athletic Physical Form should be filed with the Athletic Office at Assumption High School.
HEADS UP: Concussion in High School Sports
The Iowa Legislature passed a law, effective July 1, 2011, regarding students in grades 7 – 12 who participate in extracurricular interscholastic activities. Please note this important information from Iowa Code Section 280.13C, Brain Injury Policies; in the **Heads Up Concussion Form.
• **IMPORTANT: Students participating in interscholastic athletics, cheerleading and dance; and their parents/guardians; must sign the acknowledgement at the bottom of attached form and return it to the Athletic Office at Assumption High School.
Students cannot practice or compete in those activities until this form is signed and returned.
Tuesday, May 7
7 p.m. in the AHS Cafeteria
Tuesday, May 14, and Thursday, May 16
4:30-6:30 p.m. in the Assumption High School Cafeteria
- All current 8th-11th grade students who will attend Assumption for the 2019-2020 school year are eligible to tryout.
- Dancers will learn a short routine, the AHS Fight Song, and various technical elements to be performed at the tryout.
- Dancers should wear appropriate dancewear to Open Gyms: Leotard and tights are not required. Jazz shoes are required.
Saturday, May 18
1 p.m. in the AHS Cafeteria
- Wear a red, black, or white fitted top, black dance bottoms, and jazz shoes.
- Hair should be pulled back and secured. Performance makeup is welcomed.
- Results will be posted outside the Small Gym at 6 p.m. on May 18.
Sunday, May 19
5 p.m. in the AHS Cafeteria
- All dancers/families will receive the schedule and review team expectations.
Contact: Head Coach Hailey Broer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Booster Buttons have been distributed. If you have questions about your order, please email email@example.com
In addition, all photos used for buttons have been uploaded to the All Assumption Share Site on Shutterfly. They are available for download by clicking on this link:
2018 Fall Sports and Marching Band Picture Day will be held Saturday, August 11, 2018, at the St. Vincent Athletic Complex. Important links below:
Online Order Individual and Team Portraits through HR Imaging here: https://hrimaging.com/#shop
Order Form for Individual and Team Portraits here: Order Form
Order Form for Booster Club Buttons here: Button Order Form
August 11, 2018 – Fall Sports Picture Day Schedule at St. Vincent Athletic Complex, 780 W. Central Park Ave.
Swimming and Diving