Who: For Students entering Grades 6-8 (Fall 2018) Where: Assumption High School Band Room When: June 11-14, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Concert: June 14 at 6:30 p.m. Download: 2018 Band Camp Cost:$20 (make checks payable to: Assumption HS)
– add $20 for lunch (see 2018 Band Camp)
– deduct $10 if attending Choir Camp Deadline: June 1, 2018
• 8:00-9:30 Full Band Rehearsal – Fundamentals/Band Music
• 9:30-10:15 Snack Break and Games
• 10:15-11:00 Sectional Time/Group Lessons
• 11:00-12:00 Full Band Rehearsal incorporating Sectional Time/Group Lessons
• All campers receive an Assumption Band Water Bottle and daily snack.
• A public concert for friends and family in Assumption’s Sunderbruch Auditorium will be held on Thursday, June 14 at 6:30 p.m.
Contact: Band Director Erin Mahr at firstname.lastname@example.org Download: 2018 Band Camp
The Assumption choirs and bands will present its Christmas Concert this Sunday, December 17th at 3:00 p.m. in Sunderbruch Auditorium at Assumption High School. Let us help put you in both a festive and Christ centered mood as Christmas approaches. There will be no charge for admission, but free-will donations are gladly accepted.
Five AHS students are competing in the annual QC Rock Academy’s Battle of the Bands. Vote for your favorite AHS student’s band at this family-friendly rock concert. Morgan Riley and Katie Quinn are in Been There Done That; Ryan Quinn and Melanie Comer are in Fool Me Once; and Nathan Seutter is in VanderVeer.
QC ROCK ACADEMY
BATTLE OF THE BANDS 2017
Friday, December 8th
Village Theatre- 2113 East 11th Street, Davenport, IA
The band, under the direction of Mrs. Erin Mahr, held its final concert of the year on May 16 and awards were presented to four seniors. The John Philip Sousa Award was presented to Mary Jacobsen, while the Louis Armstrong Jazz Award was given to Emma Gradin, and the Semper Fidelis Award went to Emma Baldwin. The Band nominee for the Fine Arts Hall of Fame was Jonathan Underwood.
The choir, led by Mr. Trevor Loes, held its final concert on May 10 at St. Anthony’s in Davenport. The concert featured pieces learned throughout the year and awards were presented to three seniors. Emily Lemons was awarded the U.S. Navy Choral Award, while McLean Casey was honored with the National Choral Award, and Brad Heinrichs was presented the Iowa Choral Directors Association Award. Heinrichs was also named the Fine Arts Wall of Fame selection for 2017.