Lourdes Catholic School is seeking high school students to volunteer for some light labor – moving 160 new student desks and 160 new student chairs, one at a time, from the school cafeteria into the classrooms.
We plan starting work Tuesday morning, July 20, for two hours, and, depending on how many volunteers we get, continuing Wednesday morning and even Thursday morning if needed.
- Tuesday 9:00-10:00
- Tuesday 10:00-11:00
- Wednesday 9:00-10:00
- Wednesday 10:00-11:00
- Thursday 9:00-10:00
- Thursday 10:00-11:00
To sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084EADA62BABFB6-many
Davenport East Little League is in need of umpires on Tuesday and Thursday nights for 10u & 12u at Garfield Park. They will pay $30 per game or you could get service hours. They are needed from 5:45-roughly 8:00. They would need good baseball knowledge and be able to feel comfortable calling balls and strikes. Generally only one or two per night are needed.
If you are interested, please contact – Marty Eilers, President Davenport East Little League by calling or texting at 563-508-4882.
We are looking to house NET Team members on the evening of 4/26 (pick up from AHS in the evening), 4/27 (provide transportation in the morning to Assumption and they will be dropped back off after 4 pm), & 4/28 (provide transportation in the morning to Assumption and they will be dropped back off after 4 pm), 4/29 (provide transportation to AHS in the morning.)
Families interested would need to host two college-aged students for these dates.
Contact Natalie Imborek at: email@example.com if you are interested.
Assistance is needed in placing door hangers on apartments promoting the census. The hanging period is designated for Friday, March 20-Monday, March 23. There is no age requirements, but having some adult participation/supervision can be helpful. Those placing hangers on doors are not interacting with anyone, they will just place the hanger and move on.
Please contact Ben Jobgen if you are interested in helping or have any questions.
Ben Jobgen – 563-888-2066
Sunday, January 26 – Celebrating Our Parishes
- 61st Annual Senior Spaghetti Supper in the Assumption cafeteria 4-7 p.m.
Monday, January 27 – Celebrating Our Students
- “Dodgeball for Diapers” Event
- Out of uniform day. Each student may pay $1.00 during lunches (and will receive a hand stamp) to dress in appropriate AHS spirit wear or theme dress for the day. Theme Dress: Sports Day
Special Schedule for Dodgeball for Diapers Kickoff
Period 1 7:45-8:20
Period 2 8:25-9:00
Period 3 9:05-11:00 (Dodgeball 9:05-10:25)
Period 4 11:05-11:40
Lunch A 11:45 -12:10
Period 5A 12:15-12:50
Period 5B 11:45-12:20
Lunch B 12:25-12:50
Period 6 12:55-1:30
Period 7 1:35-2:10
Period 8 2:15-2:50
- Dodgeball: 9:05-10:25 Large Gym (Grades 11/12), Small Gym (9/10)-compete with 6th period classes
- All students and staff should report to the appropriate gym (designated by 6th period teacher) and gather with your 6th period teams. Each 6th period teacher should be sure that the 10 dodgeball players representing his or her class are ready to go when called. Games will be played on a time-limit, and in each game, the team with the most players standing at the buzzer will advance to the next round. Play will be single-elimination. All members of the winning 6th period class will be allowed to go first in the lunch line on Friday, February 7th.
- This event will also be used to promote the school-wide collection of diapers for the Scott County Catholic Schools K-12 diaper drive. Throughout the week, members of Student Council will collect diaper donations from classrooms. Grade-level totals will be kept in the cafeteria, and the grade with the highest per/student diaper total will get Whitey’s malt cups at lunches on Friday, February 7th. Students are asked to bring in packages of diapers/baby wipes to a teacher representing his/her grade level. No money will be collected in classrooms. Students are encouraged to “go the extra mile” to physically bring in donated items to support these local organizations and families.
- ***Students are strongly encouraged to participate in this worthy cause! Student Council will track diaper donations by grade level and share progress with students and faculty.
- Following the Dodgeball championship game in the large gym, we will host a junior boys vs. senior boys “Powder Puff” volleyball game. The winning team will face the faculty/staff team to end the event!
Tuesday, January 28 – Celebrating Our Community
- Regular Schedule
- Special Lunch: Orange Chicken
- Students should be in regular school uniform attire.
Wednesday, January 29 – Celebrating Our Nation
- Special Lunch: Hungry Hobo
- Knight Network will host a Faculty/Staff Appreciation Lunch in the faculty/staff workroom. All faculty and staff are encouraged to drop in between 11:00 and 1:00 for lunch.
- Out of uniform day. Each student may pay $1.00 during lunches (and will receive a hand stamp) to dress in appropriate AHS spirit wear or theme dress for the day. Theme Dress: Pajamas
Thursday, January 30 – Celebrating Vocations
- Special Lunch: Build Your Own Burger Bar
- Students should be in regular school uniform attire.
Special Schedule for Catholic Schools Week Mass
Period 1 7:45-8:15
Period 2 8:20-8:50
Period 3 8:55-9:20
Period 4 9:25-11:25 (Mass 9:30-10:50 in the gym)
Lunch A 11:30-11:55
Period 5A 12:00-12:35
Period 5B 11:30-12:05
Lunch B 12:10-12:35
Period 6 12:40-1:20
Period 7 1:25-2:05
Period 8 2:10-2:50
Friday, January 31 – Celebrating Our Faculty, Staff, and Volunteers
- Regular Schedule
- Junior retreat – (all day) Junior students will hear from various community service representatives and have an opportunity to actively volunteer with a small group of their peers at an offsite service location.
- All faculty, staff, and students may be out of uniform (FREE) if dressed in appropriate AHS spirit wear.
ALL ARE WELCOME! Please join us this Sunday, January 26, 2020, in the Assumption High School Cafeteria. Drop in anytime between 4 – 7 p.m. for the annual Senior Spaghetti Supper! Your attendance and support are greatly appreciated. This event is our special gift to the Assumption Community.
The meal includes salad, spaghetti, bread, drink, and dessert. Meals are complimentary, and Rev. Louis Colonnese’s sauce recipe (used at the first AHS Spaghetti Supper in 1960) is the secret! Take-out orders will be packaged upon request. Please help the Assumption Class of 2020 in this service effort. The class is attempting to raise funds to give a gift back to the school upon graduation. Donations will be accepted at the door.
Adoration – Everyone is welcome!
Adoration is held every Tuesday after the 7:10 AM chapel mass.
Please consider giving up a study hall or prep period during this time to spend with Jesus.
Anyone wishing to sign up for Adoration may now do so at the link below:
Click here to sign up for Adoration
Chaplet of Divine Mercy – Everyone is welcome!
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
is said every Friday at 3:00 PM, the hour of mercy, in the chapel.
The chaplet usually takes less than 10 minutes
and is a great way to end the week!
The Holy Family Church Bazaar is coming up this Saturday. We could really use your help volunteering for the kitchen and cashier spots, especially in the afternoon. We also have some bake sale and cafeteria spots available as well. You can sign up here, through Friday: Click Here to Sign Up
Great Service Hours!!!
Thanks for your support!
JFK Home & School is looking for student volunteers for their Fall Festival scheduled for Friday, October 25th. They need help with games, but are also looking for a few face painters. The event takes place Friday, October 25th from 5-8 p.m. They will also need help with set up and clean up. If interested, click below to sign up.
Click Here to Sign Up